Thursday, February 28, 2013

What Inspires You?

Are you an artist, designer or other creative kindred soul?   How does life around you nurture your spirit?   How are you inspired to create new things?   I have found that I am a very VISUAL person so photographs with colors and beautiful images provoke new thought designs for my work.  Although a cliche, nature does provide a beautiful backdrop.  I am also inspired by SOUNDS and MUSIC so I like to listen to tunes when I am coming up with new ideas.   If I find a new musician or artist, I will usually devour it and will usually become obsessed.   My first OBSESSION was The Rolling Stones.   My new OBSESSION is Jack White. Something must resonate in whatever it is you find appealing to you, a deep connection, a common thread, that will lead you back to your own art and new ways to express your inner being.   Keep looking for new inspirations and they will find you, and haunt you, until you will want nothing more than to create your own special world!   Photography by Moi c. 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment